st: mle estimation

From   Jason Rosenberg <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: mle estimation
Date   Mon, 8 Oct 2012 10:26:46 +0000

I want to perform a non-linear maximization using maximium  likelihood estimation on this equation:
llik[i] = log(param[1]) - log(gamma(param[2]/param[1])) +
            2 * param[2] * log(param[3]) - log(t[i] + t0) - (param[3]^2/(t[i] +

where t pulls its data from a specified source, either a variable in stata or from an excel spread sheet.

Is this possible to do in stata?
### UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer published on our website at or obtainable from +27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the sender's individual capacity. ###