st: Doubleb command for Double Bounded Dichotomous Choice data from CV survey

From   Stephanie Stefanski <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Doubleb command for Double Bounded Dichotomous Choice data from CV survey
Date   Sat, 6 Oct 2012 14:57:09 -0400

I am attempting to analyze a data set of sample size N = 1000 with 5
starting bid values as part of a contingent valuation study. I am
using the Double Bounded Dichotomous method and have successfully
installed and tested the doubleb command with the sample dataset (see:
http://econpapers.repec.org/software/bocbocode/s457168.htm ).

However, when I attempt to use the program with my dataset, Stata
returns the following error:

doubleb bid1 bid2 response1 response2

initial:       log likelihood =     -<inf>  (could not be evaluated)
could not find feasible values
r(491);

My dataset contains no missing values. There are 5 different bid1
values and 10 different bid2 values. Response1 and Response2 are just
dummy variables.

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Stephanie Stefanski

MESc Candidate, 2014
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Cell 845-616-4671