RE: st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Truncated sample or Heckman selection‏

From   Ebru Ozturk <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Truncated sample or Heckman selection‏
Date   Fri, 5 Oct 2012 19:38:04 +0300

Thank you very much for your help. I just would like to make sure that I understand you correctly. Also I am here to learn so please forgive me for asking many questions.

1. I restrict sample to innovating firms and the dependent variables that I am interested in are percentages therefore, you agree on that I should use fractional logit model.

2. I do not need to do Heckman sample selection even though I restrict my sample. I also want to mention that yes I do not have some Xs but I still do have other Xs for non-innovators which I use them as control variables.

3. Do you think using a different model puts me trouble?

4. I use Stata 10 so can I use fractional logit model?

5. What about if I have a panel data? Is fractional logit model still applicable?