RE: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Truncated sample or Heckman selection‏

From   "Millimet, Daniel" <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Truncated sample or Heckman selection‏
Date   Fri, 5 Oct 2012 01:08:53 +0000

Yes, in my opinion, if you include the zeros, a fractional logit or tobit or censored LAD is appropriate (given the other assumptions implicit in these models).  The only issue is whether some Xs are missing for the zeros.  That you will have to confront yourself if you have Xs you want to include that are missing from some obs.

Daniel L. Millimet, Professor
Department of Economics
Box 0496
SMU
Dallas, TX 75275-0496
phone: 214.768.3269
fax: 214.768.1821
web: http://faculty.smu.edu/millimet

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ebru Ozturk
Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 5:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: st: Re: st: Re: st: RE: Truncated sample or Heckman selection‏

Thank you. It will be quite complicated for me to understand this e-mail.

Yes, in my data there is a mass at zero and I include all of them. So you are saying that it is a censoring problem and tobit regression is applicable or a fractional logit model?

The other issue about Xs. The Xs that I am interested in have not been observed for non-innovator firms but there are other Xs that I use them as control variable have been observed for all firms in the sample.

Ebru