st: Conversion from string to numeric with imported excel document

From   Hans Lundin <hans.cefam@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Conversion from string to numeric with imported excel document
Date   Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:34:41 +0200

Hi!
I´ve also had numerous issues with conversion of Excel-sheets containing
string variables. If you have to import Excel-sheets more than occasionally,
my suggestion is to get the program StatTransfer. You can then decide the
storage format for each variable before the conversion. That has solved most
conversion problems for me.

Best regards Hans Lundin