st: Twoway graph with hazard rate on y-axis and ordinal co-variable of choice on x-axis

From   Hans Lundin <hans.cefam@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Twoway graph with hazard rate on y-axis and ordinal co-variable of choice on x-axis
Date   Wed, 3 Oct 2012 13:28:34 +0200

Hi fellow STATA-users!
I´m using Cox-regression. My main independent variable i dichotomous and I
can obviously describe a Hazard ratio for my event comparing "1" with "0".
This hazard ratio may though differ between for example cathegories of body
weight: 51-55 kg, 56-60 kg, 61-65 kg, 66-70 kg and so on.
I do not have a problem to express the variation of the hazard rate
depending on weight cathegory, in figures. What I have seen in other papers
but don´t know how to do, is a diagram with Hazard ratio on the y-axis and
ten weight cathegories on the x-axis. Plotting the results will generate ten
dots in the diagram and I want to draw a line though these dots.

Can this graph be done in STATA or should I manually enter the hazard rates
from STATA:s calculations in an Excel sheet?
Since I want to do this kind of graph for many different variables, it would
be easier to construct them directly in STATA.

Best regards Hans Lundin, PhD Student at Karolinska Institutet in Sweden