Re: st: zoom on histograms

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: zoom on histograms
Date   Tue, 2 Oct 2012 23:29:26 +0100

The objection to subsetting with -if- is presumably that the densities
and/or fractions will no longer be correct.

There's a nice Tip on this in the Stata Journal:

SJ-5-2  gr0014  . . . . . . . Stata tip 20: Generating histogram bin variables
        Q2/05   SJ 5(2):280--281                                 (no commands)
        tip illustrating the use of twoway__histogram_gen for
        creation of complex histograms and other graphs or tables

http://www.stata-journal.com/sjpdf.html?articlenum=gr0014

Note that -search histogram- would have pointed you to this. The
Statalist FAQ advises a use of -search- before posting.

Nick