st: zoom on histograms

From   patrick patrick <>
To   <>
Subject   st: zoom on histograms
Date   Tue, 2 Oct 2012 22:56:25 +0200

Dear all,

I have a very simple question, but I did not find the answer in the manual (or on the statalist server)

Let's say I need to run -hist Y which gives me the histogram distribution of Y.
The problem is that, as Y has a wide range, the whole plot is not very readable and so I would like to plot only a subset of that histogram.. for example only keeping small (or big) values for Y.
In essence, I just would like to zoom on my graph!
Of course I cannot run -hist Y if abs(Y)<10 because Stata would build an histogram on that subset of the data...

Do you know how to proceed ?

Many thanks