st: -beep- command gone?

From   Daifeng He <>
Subject   st: -beep- command gone?
Date   Fri, 28 Sep 2012 20:14:23 -0400

Hi there,

I remember Stata used to have a -beep- command which sends a beep
sound when a program is finished running.  But my Stata 11 seems not
to have it and I have to keep checking whether my program is done or
not.  I did a -findit beep- search and found an user-written module
called "beep", but when I clicked to install this module, I got the
following error message.  Does anyone know how I get this installed or
how can I get the beep sound?  Thank you!

file not found either
  1)  is not a valid URL, or
  2)  could not be contacted, or
  3)  is not a Stata download site (has no stata.toc file).

(click here to return to the previous screen)