Re: st: outreg2 Non-Zero Decimals

From   John Luke Gallup <>
Subject   Re: st: outreg2 Non-Zero Decimals
Date   Fri, 28 Sep 2012 17:46:56 -0700

I am not sure what you are trying to do here.  I think you want to show decimal places (up to some maximum number, presumably) only if they are non-zero.  This seems odd to me since it may give a distorted picture of the number of significant digits if an accurate coefficient estimate happens to end in a zero.

-outreg-, and I think -outreg2-, allows you to specify any Stata-supported numerical format with the -bfmt- option.  There isn't any Stata format which shows just non-zero decimals however, so you would have to manually specify the number of decimals shown for each coefficient, which you can do with the -bdec- option.