Re: st: have string macro default in syntax

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: have string macro default in syntax
Date   Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:53:17 +0100

I didn't make myself clear.

The question is how does your program -hh- know the variable names?
There are two, because -by()- needs a variable name too.

If you are hard-wiring names into -hh-, you are going to need to edit
the program for each new use.

On the other hand, if there is extra code in your real program that
reads in variable names, then that's fine, except that we can't tell
that from your post.

Note that -bu()- here is a typo for -by()-. If that's in your real
code, it's a bug. Also, this code won't work because of a mismatch
between -firm()- and -stat()-.

Nick