st: have string macro default in syntax

From   tashi lama <>
To   <>
Subject   st: have string macro default in syntax
Date   Tue, 25 Sep 2012 13:40:41 +0000

Hello all,
    I looked through the documentation for syntax. I don't think stata can do this but I would like to post anyway...

here is my adofile
/*begin hh.ado*/

program hh
   syntax, stat(str)
   graph pie varname, by(varname) plabel(_all `stat')

hh, stat(sum) will give me sum
hh, stat(percent) will give me percent

I would like to( if possible) have hh draw a pie chart with "percent" as default and draw "sum" if included in the arguments. Something like this....

hh     //give me percent by default
hh, stat(sum)    //give me sum

Can stata do this?? Any help will be appreciated//