st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: From: Rodrigo Briceño <rjbriceno@gmail.com>

From   Nick Cox <njcoxstata@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Re: st: Re: st: Re: st: From: Rodrigo Briceño <rjbriceno@gmail.com>
Date   Tue, 25 Sep 2012 18:45:06 +0100

I commented on this in my earlier post, but it's a prominent request
in the Statalist FAQ:

http://www.stata.com/support/faqs/resources/statalist-faq/#stata

"Say what command(s) you are using. If they are not part of official
Stata, say where they came from: the STB/SJ, SSC, or other archives.
For more explanation, see 8. Ado-files FAQ below."

You should give enough information for anyone else to be able to
download the program easily.

Note that giving the program's author alone is not informative, as
readers still need to know _where_ the program files are to be found.

Nick