Re: st: Observations differ

From   Brendan Halpin <>
Subject   Re: st: Observations differ
Date   Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:23:12 +0100

On Sun, Sep 23 2012, Shittu, Aminu wrote:

> Hi all
> I am trying to compare, using likelihood ratio test, between the full
> and reduced model in a random effect logistic regression; but the output
> is saying "observations differ: 3356 vs. 3583." How can I handle this
> problem, please.
> Aminu.

// fit the full model first
xtlogit y x1 x2 etc...
est store full
// fit the reduced model on the estimation sample of the full model
xtlogit y x1 etc... if e(sample)
lrtest full

You probably have cases that are missing on one or more of the
additional variables in the full model, which have full information on
all the variables in the reduced model.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology