Re: st: Observations differ

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: Observations differ
Date   Sun, 23 Sep 2012 08:57:33 -0400

On Sun, Sep 23, 2012 at 8:02 AM, Shittu, Aminu <> wrote:
> Hi all
> I am trying to compare, using likelihood ratio test, between the full and reduced model in a random effect logistic regression; but the output is saying "observations differ: 3356 vs. 3583." How can I handle this problem, please.>

Others have indicated how to do the LR test with listwise deletion,
which involves dropping the cases for which one or more covariates are
missing. However, you are losing quite a number of observations and it
might be a good idea to look into using a modern missing data analysis
method like multiple imputation, which Stata has built in. Probably
easiest to see the dialog box as there are a lot of steps.

JVVerkuilen, PhD

"Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field.
I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world
is too full to talk about." ---Rumi