Re: st: Observations differ

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: Observations differ
Date   Sun, 23 Sep 2012 13:18:39 +0100

I imagine one model is using fewer observations because of missing
values in one or more predictors, a problem, which doesn't bite for
the other model. Or there could be problems if predictors are

A strategy includes

0. Look carefully at the structure of missing values. See e.g.
-misstable-, -nmissing- (SJ).

1. Identify the model using fewer observations.

2. Define

gen used = e(sample)

after fitting that model.

3. Fit the other model using