Re: st: run stata in a batch mode using do file

From   Brendan Halpin <>
Subject   Re: st: run stata in a batch mode using do file
Date   Thu, 20 Sep 2012 15:57:40 +0100

On Thu, Sep 20 2012, tashi lama wrote:

> It just occured to me that only a single batch job can be run at a time.
> Because running two batch jobs simultaneously means opening two stata
> instances simultaneously and that is not allowed.

That depends on what sort of licence you have. I can run as many
simultaneous batch jobs as I like (though more than three or so will
tend to bog the machine down).

Also note that these batch jobs may take no more than a few seconds.

Brendan Halpin,   Department of Sociology,   University of Limerick,   Ireland
Tel: w +353-61-213147  f +353-61-202569  h +353-61-338562;  Room F1-009 x 3147    ULSociology on Facebook:         twitter:@ULSociology