Re: st: derive exact p values from ANOVA models

From   Nick Cox <>
Subject   Re: st: derive exact p values from ANOVA models
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:15:53 +0100

1. For every -anova-, there is an equivalent -anova, regress-.

2. 2*normal(-abs(beta/se)) is not "exact" for regression; it is a rule
of thumb even if all assumptions are satisfied, as t statistics are

3. See Maarten Buis' Tip: full reference and .pdf at