Re: st: Meta-Analysis of Hazard Ratios and Confidence Intervals

From   "JVerkuilen (Gmail)" <>
Subject   Re: st: Meta-Analysis of Hazard Ratios and Confidence Intervals
Date   Wed, 19 Sep 2012 00:59:32 -0400

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 12:19 AM, Belinda Butcher
<> wrote:
> I had read this, but am unsure what to do with the confidence intervals, all the examples I have seen calculate the logodds and selogodds basically from the 2x2 table (which I don't have)?
> Suggestions?

Do you have confidence intervals for the hazard rate? If they're
asymmetric they were probably computed on the log scale and then
transformed. So you could simply back-transform, at which point I
wouldn't be surprised to see they are symmetric.

I could be wrong, though.

JVVerkuilen, PhD

"Out beyond ideas of wrong-doing and right-doing there is a field.
I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass the world
is too full to talk about." ---Rumi