Re: Re: st: SSC Activity, August 2012

From   Christopher Baum <>
To   "" <>
Subject   Re: Re: st: SSC Activity, August 2012
Date   Mon, 10 Sep 2012 10:56:46 +0000

On Sep 10, 2012, at 2:33 AM, Richard wrote:

> Thanks for the update Kit. FYI, I notice that -fitstat- is in the top
> 25. People should know that the version of -fitstat- on SSC is not
> the most current version (indeed, the SSC version is more than 10
> years old). Long and Freese keep the most current version of
> - -fitstat- (along with various other routines which have older
> versions available on SSC) on Long's personal website. Do -findit
> spost9- to get the most up to date version. I've seen several people
> have problems because they were using old versions of Long and Freese
> software. When in doubt, I usually assume SSC has the most current
> version of software, but Long and Freese's routines are a noteworthy exception.

That may well be the case, but it has an easy solution: Long can just send updated versions of his routines to me,
and then his site and SSC will be in sync. I don't know why it would be so onerous for Long and Freese to keep
their SSC routines up to date; other users, such as Roger Newson, who maintain personal sites do so readily enough.

                             An Introduction to Stata Programming  |