Re: st: faster xtiling

From   "Daniel Brodback" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: faster xtiling
Date   Fri, 07 Sep 2012 17:55:32 +0200

László,

while I am no "learned" or experienced member of this list and have barely no Stata experience, I found that Judson Caskeys version xtileJ (you can find it at his page at http://personal.anderson.ucla.edu/judson.caskey/data.html ) gets the quantile job done far more efficiently. (We are talking minutes vs. hours)

Maybe you can use his version as starting point for something of your own. Comparing the quantile ranks of xtile and xtileJ my sample shows a correlation of .996.

HTH,
Daniel

-------- Original-Nachricht --------