Re: st: GSAMPLE R3300

From   Nick Cox <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: GSAMPLE R3300
Date   Thu, 6 Sep 2012 15:40:20 +0100

This is a puzzling email. Are you saying that you expected -gsample-
(SSC by the way; please explain where user-written programs you refer
to come from) to cope with an illogical request? As a Stata
user-programmer, I support similar behaviour always. If a user is
asking something crazy, the program shouldn't try to work out what is
really meant, but bounce it back. It's likely to arise from a mistake
or misunderstanding that could be embarrassing or disastrous in other
applications. It is not helpful program behaviour to indulge
non-trivial problems.

So, I guess the solution is for you to work out weights that -gsample-
will accept and then it will do what it was designed to do.
Alternatively, you can always write your own program that does what
you want it to do.

Nick