st: GSAMPLE R3300

From   "Lieke Boonen (SiRM)" <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: GSAMPLE R3300
Date   Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:28:58 +0200

Dear StataUsers

We try to take a sample from our population, without replacement. we have several subgroeps with a high sampling weight. However with the gsample command it gives an error because for these cases the w_i*n /sum(w) is lager than 1. We thought the program looked at the relation between the weights and that this should not be a problem. Does anyone recognize this problem and is there a solution for this problem?

many thanks,
Lieke Boonen

command: gsample 30000, [aweight = pop_weight], wor
error: mm_upswor(): 3300 22140 cases have w_i*n/sum(w)>1
mm_sample(): - function returned error
<istmt>: - function returned error