re: st: comparing trends

From   "Ariel Linden. DrPH" <ariel.linden@gmail.com>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   re: st: comparing trends
Date   Thu, 6 Sep 2012 05:58:31 -0400

This is one of the most obscure queries I have seen on this list so far.
There is such little information that I don't know where to start.

Have you generated a specific modeling approach to test this? If so, what
does that model look like? Is it a regression with a multiple category
treatment variable? Are there different regressions, each with a different
set of treatment variables? What trend are you looking at? Is it the
coefficient on the time variable? Is the time variable interacted with the
treatment variable or does it stand alone?

I am not sure anyone can provide a meaningful response with the limited
information you provided...

Ariel

Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 12:32:19 -0400
From: "Adler Scott A." <adler@yorku.ca>
Subject: st: comparing trends

We have run an experiment where we have subjects search for a target item
among differing number of distractor items (4, 7, 9).  So we are interested
in the trends in the amount of time it takes the participant to find the
target as a function of the number of distractors (also called set size).
Some times, the target is present and sometimes it is not.  How do we do a
comparison of the trends for target-present versus target-absent?

Scott Adler