Re: st: Outreg margins error

From   Wameq Raza <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Outreg margins error
Date   Thu, 6 Sep 2012 12:01:27 +0200

Dear Carsten and John,
Thank you so very much for the replies. As for the syntax Carsten
suggested, STATA gives me an error when estimating continuous
variables such as the ln of expenditures. The error message it gives
me is:

-lntotalexp:  factor variables may not contain noninteger values-

Any suggestions for this?

And lastly a question for John, when do you suppose the new version
will be released?
Thanks again for your help!
Wameq

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 10:38 PM, Carsten Sauer
<[email protected]> wrote:
> You should use the post option to get the margins as estimation results:
>
> sysuse auto, clear
> reg price weight length i.foreign
> margins foreign, post
> outreg
>
> Best, Carsten
>
> Am 05.09.2012 22:23, schrieb Wameq Raza:
>
>> Dear STATA users
>> I've been trying to use the outreg command to get an output after
>> running the command to get margins.
>> However, whenever I run the command, it tells me:
>>
>> -marginal estimates not found; see -help margins-
>>
>> I tried to emulate the same thing shown in the example using the auto
>> data, but got the same error. Could
>> you kindly suggest anything I can do?
>>
>> Best
>> Wameq
>>

> --
>
> Carsten Sauer
> SFB 882 "Von Heterogenitäten zu Ungleichheiten"
> Teilprojekt A6 "Die Legitimation von Ungleichheiten - Strukturelle
> Bedingungen von Gerechtigkeitseinstellungen"
> Fakultät für Soziologie
> Universität Bielefeld
> Postfach 10 01 31
> 33501 Bielefeld
> Tel.: 0521 106-70056/-6948 (Sekr. Frau Fischer)
> Fax: 0521 106-6479

W A M E Q   R A Z A