Re: st: problems with installing the quaids command

From   "Brian P. Poi" <bpoi@stata.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: problems with installing the quaids command
Date   Fri, 31 Aug 2012 17:17:16 -0500

On 08/31/2012 04:38 PM, Marly Tatiana Celis Galvez wrote:
Dear Statalisters,

I have been written my program quaids for nlsur command, I have had
some problems with the estimation procedure, in the output only 60 of
105 parameters are estimated, I don’t know if it is because of the
program I wrote or something else. I am not an expert in programing
STATA. What can I do? Wait for the next article of Brian Poi or
continue studying the STATA programming module? I appreciate any
advice.  Regards

Marly Tatiana Celis

Marly,

One common problem that results in missing parameter estimates is having too many categories (goods) in the demand system given the size of your dataset.  Fitting systems with many disaggregated goods often requires a rather large dataset.  Of course, what constitutes "many" and "rather large" depends on the specific application.

I will forward a copy of my article and command to Marly momentarily.

   -- Brian Poi
   -- bpoi@stata.com