st: mfx for stata 12

From   Chiara Mussida <>
Subject   st: mfx for stata 12
Date   Fri, 24 Aug 2012 08:50:59 +0200

Dear all,
i estimated a mlogit with 8 outcomes, which reject the IIA assumtion
tested with a hsiao test:
mlogtest, sm
i would be pleased to get the marginal effects of my model. If i run
the command to obtain, for instance, the marginal effects for outcome
mfx compute, predict(outcome(1))
i obtain very suspects results, namely mfx with signs and sign
completely different from the ones of the  coefs estimates.
I use Stata 12, and from the manuals mfx might compute the marginal
effect like in the previous stata versions. Do you know if something

Chiara Mussida
PhD candidate
Doctoral school of Economic Policy
Catholic University, Piacenza (Italy)