st: mean predicted estimates from fixed-effect regression

From   <E.Mariani@lse.ac.uk>
To   <statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu>
Subject   st: mean predicted estimates from fixed-effect regression
Date   Thu, 23 Aug 2012 08:27:08 +0100

I'm trying to obtain average predicted estimates from a fixed-effect regression with satisfaction as dependent variable, evaluated at different points in time before and after an event (marriage) and to plot them on a graph with time on the x axis and the estimated averages on the y axis.
Briefly:
Dependent variable: satisfaction
Event:marriage
I want to compute the average satisfaction at each year before and after marriage.

So far I have used the predict command; then I've computed average values of predicted values at each point in time; last, I have created a new variable collecting all these estimated averages. I use this variable to create my graph.

Is there a more straightforward way to tell STATA to create this variable containing average predicted values from my regression?

Thanks,
Elena