Re: st: end of do-file notify

From   Carsten Sauer <>
Subject   Re: st: end of do-file notify
Date   Fri, 17 Aug 2012 19:23:39 +0200

Hi Pablo,
you could use the -beep- command at the end of your do-file:

sysuse auto, clear
reg weight length foreign

Best, Carsten

Am 17.08.2012 18:47, schrieb Pablo Bonilla:
Dear stata list,

Some times when I am running a do-file I don't know how to make it
notify me that it already finished running the do-file or it found an
error on it. I usually go to excel or internet while Stata is running
and some times the window bar at the bottom of the screen blinks and
some times it does not. I have tried minimizing Stata but it does not
work always.

Is there a way to know when Stata finished and therefor don't waste to
much time??

Carsten Sauer
SFB 882 "Von Heterogenitäten zu Ungleichheiten"
Teilprojekt A6 "Die Legitimation von Ungleichheiten - Strukturelle Bedingungen von Gerechtigkeitseinstellungen"
Fakultät für Soziologie
Universität Bielefeld
Postfach 10 01 31
33501 Bielefeld
Tel.: 0521 106-70056/-6948 (Sekr. Frau Fischer)
Fax: 0521 106-6479