st: how to read .sas7bdat in Stata

From   "Lynn" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: how to read .sas7bdat in Stata
Date   Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:10:15 -0700

Dear all,

I am currently using ?usesas? command to try to read .sas7bdat data set in
Stata 11. But the Stata told me the following:

The usesas command uses the savastata SAS macro to load the SAS dataset into
Large datasets may take a few minutes.
Edit your sasexe.ado file to set the location *
of your SAS executable file. *
*! sasexe Version 2.3 11Apr2012
*! the carolina population center, unc-ch
 edit sasexe.ado (click, to edit the sasexe.ado file, remember to save when
 usesas requires that you have a working version of SAS on this computer.

I changed the location in sasexe.ado file to where I save the downloaded
?.sas7bdat? data sets. But the Stata still can not read the SAS data. What I
downloaded from website are all data sets in format of ?.sas7bdat? . My
computer does not have SAS software. I also downloaded from
website, but looks like this file is for SAS software, not for Stata

Now, I am stuck here. I appreciate for any suggestion about reading
.sas7bdat data sets in Stata.

Best Regards,