Re: st: ICE with Interval Error #459 multiple imputation

From   Laura Kudrna <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: ICE with Interval Error #459 multiple imputation
Date   Fri, 10 Aug 2012 19:32:09 +0100

Hi,

Thank you for your response.  Apologies about ICE, I'm new to the
listserve: ICE comes from //www.homepages.ucl.ac.uk/~ucakjpr/stata/

To answer your question about the bounds, yes: when I created the
upper limit variable ul7 that has no missing values and I include it
in the ice code, the upper and lower bounds remain 7.  But for
example, when I impute my variable sclifeca2  "Life Satisfaction"
which has a scale of 1 to 7 I get imputed values ranging from -0.5 to
9.  I am using multiple imputation to impute all the predictor and
explanatory variables at once.

I replicated the STATA code precisely from the ICE help for interval.

ICE help for interval states:  ...intlist has the syntax varname:llvar
ulvar [, varname:llvar ulvar ...], where each varname is an
interval-censored variable, each llvar contains the lower bound (a)
for varname and each ulvar contains the upper bound (b)

My syntax is: ice ll1 ul7 sclifeca2 .....(other variables).....,
saving(imputed_dataset) m(5) interval(sclifeca2:ll1 ul7).

I still can't understand why I am getting the error message and I
would be most grateful if you have any other suggestions on how to fix
it.

Best wishes,
Laura