st: ICE with Interval Error #459 multiple imputation

From   Laura Kudrna <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: ICE with Interval Error #459 multiple imputation
Date   Thu, 9 Aug 2012 22:29:10 +0100

Hi,

I am having the same error message / problem as the post below from
the STATA message boards - Error #459.  It occurs when using the
interval option with ICE.

I generated two variables, ll1 and ul7, containing values of 1 and 7
respectively to set the upper and lower bound for my variable
sclifeca2.

My STATA code is:

ice ll1 ul7 sclifeca2 sclifeca3 sclifeca4 sclddr2 sclddr3 sclddr4
iincome2 iincome3 iincome4 education2 occupation2 unemployed2
unemployed3 sex2 age2 age3 age4 partner2 partner3 partner4 vehicles2
vehicles3 vehicles4 holiday2 holiday3 holiday4 secprop2 secprop3
secprop4 weight2 weight3 weight4, saving(imputed_dataset) m(5)
interval(sclifeca2:ll1 ul7)

My error message is:
Error #459 encountered while running -uvis-
I detected a problem with running uvis with command intreg on response sclifeca2
and covariates sclifeca3 sclifeca4 sclddr2 sclddr3 sclddr4 iincome2
iincome3 iincome4 education2 occupation2 unemployed2 unemployed3 sex2
ag
> e2 age3 age4 partner2 partner3 partner4 vehicles2 vehicles3 vehicles4 holiday2 holiday3 holiday4 secprop2 secprop3 secprop4 weight2 weight
> 3 weight4.

The offending command resembled:
uvis intreg sclifeca2 sclifeca3 sclifeca4 sclddr2 sclddr3 sclddr4
iincome2 iincome3 iincome4 education2 occupation2 unemployed2
unemployed3
> sex2 age2 age3 age4 partner2 partner3 partner4 vehicles2 vehicles3 vehicles4 holiday2 holiday3 holiday4 secprop2 secprop3 secprop4 weight2
>  weight3 weight4 , gen([imputed])

you may wish to try the -persist- option to persist beyond this error.
dumping current data to ./_ice_dump.dta
something that should be true of your data is not

When I use the "persist" option, the data is imputed, but doesn't set
the upper and lower bounds of my variable.

Any ideas?!

Thanks a lot.

Best,
Laura