st: Stata extremely slow on bsqreg and sqreg command

From   Abekah Nkrumah <>
Subject   st: Stata extremely slow on bsqreg and sqreg command
Date   Sun, 5 Aug 2012 09:47:42 +0100

Dear Statalist,

I will appreciate your help on this. I am running the sqreg and bsqreg
command with 400 replications. I executed the command around 23:30 hrs
Saturday and it is now 09:43 hrs Sunday and the command is still
running. Please note: I have 160,000 observations (of course some of
the observations will drop due to differences in observations per
variable). I am using  Stata SE version 11 running on a Macbook Pro
with 2.26 GHZ Intel core 2 duo and memory 2GB

Is there anything I can do to get the command to run faster