st: xt commands for parallel growth curves

From   Alan Acock <>
To   Stata Stata <>
Subject   st: xt commands for parallel growth curves
Date   Tue, 24 Jul 2012 21:18:12 -0700

I have parallel growth curves. One is a growth curve for a variable called secd which is a count variable and the other growth curve is for negative behavior, also a count. I can estimate either growth curve readilly using xtmepoisson, but I'm interested in estimating the relationship between them. That is, as secd goes up, does negative behavior go down. I would like to estimate them simultaneously as you can do with Mplus. I also have this data clustered by school. So I have 8 waves of data for each child and 15 schools.

I could use Stata's sem to estimate parallel growth curves and see how they are related, but it is restricted to continuous variables.

Alan Acock