st: RE: predicted probabilities of interaction term

From   "William Buchanan" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: predicted probabilities of interaction term
Date   Tue, 17 Jul 2012 14:11:07 -0700

Hi Giuseppina,

One suggestion that I have would be to use the -subpop()- option of the
-svy:- prefix.  This is something that surfaces on the Statalist regularly,
although it may not be an issue in your specific case.  Either way, the help
file for -svy- includes the following line:

"Warning:  Using if or in restrictions will often not produce correct
variance estimates for
      subpopulations.  To compute estimates for subpopulations, use the
subpop() option."

With regards to your other question, I would look at -help mlogit
postestimation- to get an idea of what is already available in Stata to
calculate the predicted probabilities of the outcome after a multinomial
logit model.