st: RE: Observations not used

From   "Lachenbruch, Peter" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: Observations not used
Date   Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:03:01 -0700

look for e(sample) in the output for a multiple regression.

From: [email protected] [[email protected]] On Behalf Of Ari Dothan [[email protected]]
Sent: Monday, July 23, 2012 11:52 AM
To: statalist
Subject: st: Observations not used

Hello all,
Regression results provide information concerning the number of
observations which were not used.
Question: In a multiple regression- how do I know which observations
were not used? There is missing data in all vars employed.
The Cox 2002 article in the Stata Journal (2) clarifies, to some
extent, the issue in the case of a univariate regression, linking it
to singleton groups. I cannot find, however, what rule is applied in
the case of multiple vars.
Thanks

--
Ari Dothan