Re: st: Exporting tables of output from non-ereturn commands using outreg2

From   John Luke Gallup <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Exporting tables of output from non-ereturn commands using outreg2
Date   Thu, 19 Jul 2012 17:37:29 -0700

Alex,

I think you want to make a table out of the test statistics and critical values of the -dfgls- test, which are stored in r(results) after the command runs.

It is possible to trick -outreg2- or -outreg- to display tables like this if you can post the results with -ereturn post- as if they were estimation results.  However you need both a "b" vector _and_ a "V" matrix.  You could convert the r(results) matrix into a rowvector "b", and create a dummy variance matrix "V", make the row and column names of your "V" matrix the same as the column names of "b" and post it with -ereturn post b V-.  However this is hard to work with because the results are now in a single row, and you need to suppress reporting the fake V results.

An easier solution is to use the command -frmttable-, distributed with the -outreg- command, which takes a Stata matrix and generates a table, as in the following code:

webuse lutkepohl2
dfgls ln_inv
frmttable using dfgls, statmat(r(results))

You can include the other -dfgls- r() statistics in the -frmttable- table with the -addrows- option.

John