Re: FW: st: Plotting several linear associations in one graph for comparison

Subject   Re: FW: st: Plotting several linear associations in one graph for comparison
Date   Mon, 16 Jul 2012 15:22:33 +0200

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Amal Khanolkar wrote:
> how did you 'fix' the covariates, i.e how did you choose the 1, 40 & 15 in your example below?
>
> // the correct graph (again)
> preserve
> replace union = 1
> replace hours = 40
> replace ttl_exp = 15

You just choose reasonable values, e.g. I chose to look at a union
member who worked the regular (40) hours a week. For work experience I
looked for the closest "nice" number near the average amount of work
experience. So, in general you need to use your knowledge of the
context and use that to decide what values are interesting and/or
typical.

-- Maarten

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie