st: Re: help with graphing spline effects with continuous moderators

From   Maarten Buis <>
Subject   st: Re: help with graphing spline effects with continuous moderators
Date   Mon, 16 Jul 2012 08:57:53 +0200

Such questions need to be sent to statalist and not to individual
members. The reasons for that are explained in the Statalist FAQ, a
link to that can be found at the bottom of every post on Statalist.

The answer to your question can be found here:

-- Maarten

On Sat, Jul 14, 2012 at 9:58 PM, Zhi Huang wrote:
> I am an assistant professor at Hong Kong University of Science & Technology.
> I need to graph spline effects with continuous moderators in Stata or Excel.
> I have been following your answers to other stata list subscribers. You gave
> an example about spline effects and dummy moderator. I also saw that you
> gave an example about spline effects and continuous moderators for Stata 12
> or above. Unfortunately, I am using Stata 10 and won't be able to upgrade in
> a while. I tried to translate your example about spline effect and dummy
> moderators into testing spline effect and continous moderators. But,
> unfortunately, I cann't get it work. Hope you can help if it is not too much
> trouble for you.
> Here is one example:
> mkspline age1 20 age2=age
> xtreg performance age1 age2 weight age1_weight age2_weight height strength
> education
> here weight as a moderator is a continuous. the model also include other
> controls--height strength education
> If you can help, you can your auto example again.
> Thanks in advance
> Zhi

Maarten L. Buis
Institut fuer Soziologie