Re: st: Testing the IIA assumption after running the mlogit

To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu, statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Testing the IIA assumption after running the mlogit
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 22:22:41 -0500

At 08:16 PM 7/11/2012, Patricia Yu wrote:
Dear Statalist,

After running the multinomial logistic regression model, I would like to test the independence of irrelevant alternatives assumption (IIA). However, I heard that the Stata command "mlogtest, iia" no longer works with factor variables. So, what Stata command should I use to test the IIA assumption?

Thanks,
Patricia

-mlogtest- is a command written by Long and Freese that is part of their -spost9- package. I imagine the easiest thing would be to just not use factor variables; compute any dummies yourself if necessary.

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
HOME:   (574)289-5227
EMAIL:  Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu
WWW:    http://www.nd.edu/~rwilliam