st: Testing the IIA assumption after running the mlogit

From   Patricia Yu <pyu1@wisc.edu>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   st: Testing the IIA assumption after running the mlogit
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 21:16:58 -0400

Dear Statalist,

After running the multinomial logistic regression model, I would like to test the independence of irrelevant alternatives assumption (IIA). However, I heard that the Stata command “mlogtest, iia” no longer works with factor variables. So, what Stata command should I use to test the IIA assumption?

Thanks,

Patricia

PATRICIA YU

Dissertator in Higher Education

Department of Educational Leadership & Policy Analysis

School of Education

University of Wisconsin-Madison

(608) 698-8108

pyu1@wisc.edu

© Copyright 1996–2017 StataCorp LLC   |   Terms of use   |   Privacy   |   Contact us   |   Site index