Re: Re: st: RE: SEM with bootstrapping for analysis of mediation

From   "Iyer, Neeraj N" <[email protected]>
Subject   Re: Re: st: RE: SEM with bootstrapping for analysis of mediation
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 20:13:56 -0400

Dear Phil,

Thank you. I did not want to assume that the direct and indirect effects would be adjusted for the covariates; your note is helpful in that regard.

However, in the command line  sem (MV <- IV CV1 CV2 CV3 CV4 ) (DV <- MV IV CV1 CV2 CV3 CV4), I was unable to fathom how STATA would know which one of IV/CV1/CV2/CV3/CV4 is the true Indep. Var.  In other words, since " IV CV1 CV2 CV3 CV4" are common to both paths how can STATA differentiate between the variables, which will answer the question, "Whose indirect effect are we observing"?

Hence, I was looking for bootstrap CI for the indirect effect of each individual variable, or a partitioned bootstrap CI.  Is this partitioning plausible?

Thanks and regards,
Neeraj