Re: Re: st: RE: SEM with bootstrapping for analysis of mediation

From   Philip Ender <ender97@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: Re: st: RE: SEM with bootstrapping for analysis of mediation
Date   Wed, 11 Jul 2012 16:49:47 -0700

However when I ran a mediation model with one IV and 4 other
covariates i.e. sem (MV <- IV CV1 CV2 CV3 CV4 )(DV <- MV IV CV1 CV2
CV3 CV4), the bootstrap confidence intervals I obtained were for the
overall direct, indirect and total effects and not broken down by each
variable.  I wish to obtain the bootstrap CI separately for my IV
adjusted for other covariates.  Any thoughts about approaching this
problem?

Another question is why is the seed set at 358395?  What is this
number's significance?

Dear Neeraj,

Since the covariates CV1-CV4 are included in each of the two equations
of the -sem- command in the -indirect.ado program the direct and
indirect effects are adjusted for these four covariates.  I'm not sure
what you are asking for when you say you wish  to obtain the bootstrap
CI
separately for my IV adjusted for other covariates.

The -set seed- is included so that readers can reproduce the results
from the example.  The number has no special meaning.

--
Phil Ender
UCLA Statistical Consulting Group