Re: st: Arranging variables across rows

From   samuel gyetvay <>
Subject   Re: st: Arranging variables across rows
Date   Tue, 26 Jun 2012 19:12:43 -0400

Thank you for your help, Nick. I am new to stata and a lot of these
commands are unfamiliar to me (which is a good thing, given that those
I already know arent solving my problem), and I will work through your
code. Just a few questions:

The rest of my data set is organized nicely, save for this crucial
variable. I don't want to reshape unless I can return to a "short
structure." Is this possible/simple?

Also, could you possibly briefly explain what the -merge- solution
might be? No need to go into such great detail.

Thank you again!