Re: st: Renaming variables using foreach

From   Suryadipta Roy <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: Renaming variables using foreach
Date   Tue, 26 Jun 2012 18:49:41 -0400

Dear Nick,

I am using Stata version 11.2. Actually, the variable names that
result from cpying the .csv file into Stata contain a lot of
characters. Thus, e.g. the first variable is "Agricultural raw
materials exports (% of merchandise exports)" which when copied into
Stata reads as  "Agricultural_raw_materials_expor", and so on. I
wanted to label these variables with their existing variable names,
and then change the variable names into something meaningful. In the
process, I was trying to use -foreach- in order to make my life
easier.

Actually, Steve has suggested me the loop that would label the
variables with their "variable" names, and all my problems have been
solved.

Thank you and Steve once again for all your guidance and help.
Suryadipta.