st: FW: equivalent SAS PRINQUAL procedure in Stata

From   Laura Grigolon <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: FW: equivalent SAS PRINQUAL procedure in Stata
Date   Fri, 22 Jun 2012 11:12:30 +0000

Dear Statalisters,

I would like to know whether there is a module in Stata that performs the equivalent of the PRINQUAL procedure in SAS.
The PRINQUAL performs principal component analysis (PCA) of qualitative, quantitative, or mixed data:

I am not very familiar with the literature so I hope the question makes sense. I am working with a dataset containing product attributes that are both continuous and categorical (but not ordinal).

I would really appreciate any help. Thank you,

Laura Grigolon
University of Leuven - Department of Economics HOG 02.104 - Naamsestraat 69 - B-3000 Leuven
TEL: +32 16 326825 - Fax: +32 16 326796