Re: st: Dependent variable

From   David Hoaglin <dchoaglin@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: Dependent variable
Date   Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:26:06 -0400

Dear Alexandre,

The coefficient of each explanatory variable reflects the association
between the dependent variable and that explanatory variable, after
adjusting for the contributions of the other explanatory variables.

Differences in the log scale correspond to ratios in the original
scale.  Otherwise, the interpretation does not change with the change
of scale.

David Hoaglin