st: Dependent variable

From   Alexander James <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Dependent variable
Date   Wed, 6 Jun 2012 10:54:04 -0300

Dear Statalist,

I am running a fixed effects model in which my dependent variable captures changes in firm market share: Market share change= ln(MS t+1)-ln(MS t) . I am not sure about how to interpret the direction of the coefficients of my explanatory variables. Since my dependent variable is a log I am not sure if a negative in one explanatory means that it is negatively or positively correlated with my dependent. Would some have a suggestion on how to interpret it?

Best and thanks in advance,