st: Tab gen names

From   Michael Betz <>
To   "" <>
Subject   st: Tab gen names
Date   Mon, 4 Jun 2012 16:14:44 +0000

Hi all,

Is there a way to name the variables created by tabulate generate() according to the tabulated variable's value labels. I want to create dummies for each category in the variable "tenure", which takes the values

These show up as the newly created variables' labels, but I'd like them to be the variable names. Any thoughts?