RE: st: instrumenting Moving average variable

From   Søren Møller-Larsson <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: instrumenting Moving average variable
Date   Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:18:24 +0200

Dear Jorge

Thank you for replying. Yes I am estimating a dynamic model. Sorry for not mentioning the whole story. I am estimating with system GMM and I want to test whether my instruments are weak with the first stage statistics of -ivreg2-. In the system GMM setting I am considering treating the 3-year MA variable as predetermined and instrumenting it with lags 3 and longer, but I am not completely sure if this is the way to go about it either.

However, my main question is still how the MA variable should be treated in the -ivreg2- setting.

Regards Soren